Here are some study tips that may help you ease into Term 2!
There are many different ways to study. For some people, reading over your notes is all they need to ace that exam. Others need flashcards, a study buddy, and detailed notes read over and over again. These are 21 study tips to help you pass your tests:
- Organize your study space- get yourself comfortable, and rid of all those distractions!
- Use diagrams, graphs, mind maps, brainstorming, and flowcharts. Your brain likes bright colours and pretty things, so the more colourful, the easier you will remember the facts!
- Explain your answers to others
- Take regular breaks
- Drink plenty of water and eat healthily
- Make and stick to a study schedule
- Take good notes
- Plan your time- use a calendar to track when assignments are due
- Break down your work into chunks- make to-do lists
- Discover your learning style- are you a visual, auditory, or kinesthetic learner?
- Find online quizzes for your topic or get a friend to test you
- Ask for help when you need it
- Set study goals
- Use mnemonic devices
- Don’t study similar subjects at the same time
- Study different subjects in different rooms
- Get up early so you can get stuff done
- Reward yourself when you’ve reached your study goal
- Prioritize and schedule your time with most important to least important
- Highlight and underline important facts
- Make a glossary of terms or flashcards
With these tips and tricks, you’re on your way to mastering that study session!
Written by Poppy Hall